In just a few steps you can Root your OnePlus phone on any version of android without using custom recovery. This guide can be especially handy for those who don't have a custom recovery like TWRP or just lazy to install it (like I am), so here I will explain how you can root your phone with just a couple of ADB commands and a few tools.
- For your phone:
- For your PC:
- Download Payload Dumper for your OS and unzip it wherever you like
- Using Oxygen Updater on your phone - download update zip file and copy this file to your PC.
payload.binfrom the update zip file in the folder where you extracted Payload Dumper previously.
- Run command
.\payload-dumper-go.exe -p boot .\payload.bin(Payload Dumper executable will have a different extension on MacOS and Linux).
- After this command there will be a folder named
boot.imgin it. You will need to copy this file to your phone.
- Then on your phone, open Magisk -> Install -> Select and Patch a File -> select
- This will create a patched image
magisk_patched.imgin your Downloads folder.
- Copy generated
magisk_patched.imgto your PC.
- Run command
adb reboot fastboot.
- After it booted to fastboot, run command
fastboot boot magisk_patched.imgand your phone should boot normally into the system.
- Now open Magisk, click Install -> Direct Install -> Reboot.
- All done!